Radical

I was walking out of my local cinema last night when I saw a poster for the upcoming film version of The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe... and my jaw nearly guillotined all the way to the floor when I saw its advertising tagline:

READ IT BEFORE YOU SEE IT

No, I'm not kidding! This was a poster for a Disney film and it was actually encouraging people to go out and read and a book! I have no idea what this latest big screen adaptation is going to be like, but I hope its marketeers aren't shooting themselves in the foot with their unorthodox campaign. Just think of how many disgruntled punters there would have been if the same tactic had been used to promote, say, Angela's Ashes or The Handmaid's Tale or The Unbearable Lightness Of Being. However, I am going to take advantage of my ignorance of the merits (or lack of) of the film and add my own (paltry) support to any attempt to make people read by providing a link to a place where you too can buy the book. Just click on the photo above.

Now let's just hope the movie isn't complete rubbish...

Popular Posts