Rejection

My pile of rejection letters for State Of Emergency grows larger. Most of them are poorly photocopied, hastily written rags. (And they're on such small pieces of paper. Reject my work if you want to, but at least do it on a whole sheet of A4!) But there are a few that make surprisingly interesting reading.

I received one yesterday which started with the familiar refrain, but proceeded to outline a list of writers' network websites I might consider visiting. Then there was one from an agent who said there simply "aren't enough hours in the day!" to take on any more clients. And today's is my favourite so far, purely because it said: "Your submission is unsuitable for various reasons."

Entrepreneurs take note: there is a niche for a 'rejection letter writing' service!

Popular Posts