My Loyal Readers

Here's something I'll bet you didn't know: this blog is exactly five years old today. Quite a few things have happened since July 05. For a start, I wasn't married. I hadn't completed my novel. And I was allergic to any product bearing the Apple logo.

I never manage to post as many entries here as I'd like to, but I know my slackness hasn't deterred some of you from visiting regularly, so on this fifth anniversary of the creation of a conduit for my semi-coherent ramblings, I'd like to express heartfelt thanks to all my loyal readers.

I'm not sure what the next five years will bring, but I've got a fairly clear picture of the next month: the Divine L and I are off to enjoy the monsoon-soaked enticements of India. Blog posts will probably be few and far between, unless of course I happen to latch on to some Wifi at opportune moments.

Before I embark on my long flight, I'll leave you with a question: if you could go back in time and give one piece of advice to your five-years-younger self, what would it be? I think I'd probably say something like, "You need to push yourself harder, because before you know it, you'll be writing a post about the fifth anniversary of your blog..."

Hope August treats you all well,

D.

Comments

Rachel said…
A: Don't jump.

Popular Posts